Invisalign in Allentown PA
If you are an adult who wants to correct crooked or crowded teeth, it can be difficult to imagine yourself wearing a mouth full of metal for years. At Evolve Dental Care, we’re proud to offer Invisalign, a short-term orthodontic solution that’s easy to wear. Better yet, treatment can often be achieved in as little as one year!
- How can I straighten my teeth without metal braces?
- How does Invisalign treatment work?
- What are the advantages of Invisalign?
- Does Invisalign work for gaps between front teeth?
- How often do I need to see the dentist during Invisalign treatment?
- Will I need to wear a retainer after Invisalign treatment?
- Why should I have my crooked teeth straightened?
- Who should get Invisalign?
- Are there food restrictions with Invisalign?
- How much does Invisalign treatment cost?
How can I straighten my teeth without metal braces?
Most adults and older teens who want their teeth straightened don’t want to commit to treatment with metal braces. However, there are other options like Invisalign clear aligners, a convenient treatment option designed for the lifestyle of busy adults.
There are numerous advantages to choosing Invisalign over metal braces:
- No metal brackets and wires to irritate sensitive tissues in the mouth
- No food restrictions – remove your aligners and eat what you want!
- No waiting years for results – Invisalign can straighten teeth in as little as 12 to 15 months.
- No metal to mar your appearance – clear plastic aligners are virtually unnoticeable
How does Invisalign In treatment work?
Dr. Amir and Dr. Sunny start your treatment by taking images, impressions, and x-rays and carefully analyzing the position of your teeth. They take all the information and share it with specialized software that creates a virtual 3-D model of your teeth and predicts how your teeth will move during treatment.
We send your treatment plan to an Invisalign lab that customizes several sets of clear plastic aligners according to our specifications. You wear each set for about two weeks. then move on to the next set in the series and repeat the process until all your aligners are used. Treatment times vary, but adults often see desired results in as little as 12 months.
What are the advantages of choosing Invisalign in Allentown, PA?
Invisalign treatment is popular because it offers many advantages over other traditional braces:
- Comfortable – The most common complaint associated with metal braces is that the brackets and wires irritate the mouth. Invisalign aligners, on the other hand, are made of clear, smooth plastic that won’t cause sores and irritation.
- Discreet –Invisalign aligners are made of crystal-clear plastic that conforms perfectly to the shape and contours of your teeth, making them virtually unnoticeable. Most people won’t even know you’re wearing them!
- Easy to Wear – Traditional braces are attached to your teeth, which makes oral hygiene difficult and puts you at risk for decay and gum disease. With Invisalign, simply remove the aligners for meals and to brush and floss. You’ll be able to practice proper oral hygiene and continue to enjoy all the foods you love.
- Shorter Treatment Times – Most adults who want straighter teeth don’t have serious alignment issues, and Invisalign is the perfect choice for them. Because of the way Invisalign moves teeth, treatment can often be completed faster than with traditional braces.
Does Invisalign work for gaps between front teeth?
Invisalign is a great option for teens and adults who don’t want traditional metal orthodontics, and they are ideal for fixing gaps between the front teeth as well as:
- Crowded teeth
- Open bite
Invisalign invisible braces work with a series of clear aligners made to fit over your teeth. Every couple of weeks, you will get a new set of aligners to wear. Over a period of several months, the aligners work to nudge your teeth into the desired position.
You can remove the aligners for eating, so there are no food restrictions. And since you can take them out for brushing and flossing, keeping up with good oral care is easy.
The aligners need to be worn for at least 22 hours per day, so you must commit to wearing them except for eating and oral hygiene if treatment is to be successful.
How often do I need to see the dentist during Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign treatment does not involve adjustments as traditional braces do. But we do need to see you periodically to check on you and make sure treatment is progressing as planned. The frequency of these visits depends on your unique needs, but in most cases, we will give you a two-month supply of aligners that you change yourself every two weeks.
Will I need to wear a retainer after Invisalign treatment?
Retainers are required after orthodontic treatment to keep your teeth in the desired position. If you want to protect your investment and maintain the results you worked so hard to achieve, you must wear your retainer. In all likelihood, Dr. Amir will instruct you to wear your retainer every day for a few hours or more depending on your individual needs.
Your teeth have the potential to move throughout your life, and if you don’t wear your retainer, your teeth will start to drift back into their original, crooked position. If you came to us for treatment because you didn’t wear your retainer as a child and your teeth have relapsed, you already know how important the retainer phase is!
Instead of looking at a retainer as an inconvenience, look at it as the second phase of your Invisalign treatment. Getting your teeth straight was the first step, and wearing your retainer is the second
Why should I have my crooked teeth straightened?
If you have crooked teeth, you are probably most concerned with the way they impact your appearance. Of course, we want to help you look great and feel confident about your smile, but straightening crooked teeth has other benefits as well.
- When your teeth are aligned properly, your gums fit more securely around the teeth, which helps guard against periodontal disease.
- Crooked teeth are difficult to floss properly, which puts you at greater risk for decay and gum disease.
- Misaligned teeth can place unusual stress on surrounding teeth and lead to dental erosion and breakdown of dental enamel.
Who should get Invisalign in Allentown?
Invisalign treatment is suitable for people who have strong, healthy teeth and who do not have any dental bridges. Invisalign aligners correct a number of moderate orthodontic problems including overcrowded and overlapping teeth, and closes up or minimize unsightly spaces in between teeth.
If you wore braces as a child but have since had an orthodontic relapse where your teeth have drifted out of place, Invisalign is the perfect solution. Invisalign can also be useful in correcting issues such as open bites, overbites, underbites, and crossbites. Invisalign can also be very effective in treating cosmetically oriented problems only affecting the front teeth.
You must commit to excellent oral hygiene and maintain your scheduled appointments at our Allentown dental office. Compliance is the key to successful treatment, so you also have to be willing to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day and remove them only for oral hygiene and meals. To prevent your teeth from relapsing after treatment and undoing all your hard work, you also need to commit to wearing your retainer as instructed following treatment.
Are there food restrictions with Invisalign?
No! Since Invisalign aligners are removable, you can continue to enjoy all the foods you love with no restrictions. Just be sure to brush your teeth after eating so food doesn’t get trapped under your aligners and put you at risk for decay and gum disease.
How much does Invisalign treatment cost in Allentown, PA?
Several factors determine how much Invisalign costs including the extent of orthodontic treatment we need to accomplish. Everyone comes to us with unique problems that they want to address, and the details of your case affect the length of treatment which in turn impacts the cost. That said, you may be surprised to find that, in many cases, the cost of treatment is comparable to traditional orthodontics.
It’s also important to consider your orthodontic insurance benefits. Many dental plans offer benefits coverage that is similar to that of other types of orthodontic treatment. On average, about 25 percent of patients receive some insurance compensation for Invisalign treatment.
The easiest way to determine the cost of Invisalign treatment in Allentown, PA is to contact our office to arrange a consultation. Dr. Mojahed will evaluate your needs, and we can work with your insurance carrier to give you a good idea of what your out-of-pocket expense will be.