As 2017 winds down and the holiday season is in full swing, visiting the dentist may be the last thing on your mind. But if you want to potentially save hundreds of dollars, you should consider using your dental benefits before December 31. Most dental plans run on a calendar year, from January 1 to December 31, which means you might want to make an appointment with your Allentown dentist right away.
Here are five reasons you should put a trip to the dentist on your to-do list before year’s end:
- If you have any unused benefits, they will not roll over into the new year. Many people have around $1000 of benefits they can use each year, and if you haven’t used yours, you should!
- You might have already met your deductible for the current year, meaning you could receive more coverage for treatment that is needed. Your deductible will start all over again when the new year starts.
- You are paying for dental benefits, so you should use them. Even if you don’t need treatment for a specific dental issue currently, you should go in for an examination and cleaning as these are generally covered under insurance plans. This also provides your dentist with a great opportunity to screen for signs of decay, gum disease, and oral cancer.
- Treatment might be more expensive next year. Fees can go up because of new equipment purchases and other higher costs. Take advantage of treatment before the price increases.
- If you put off treatment, small dental problems will become bigger dental problems. A tooth that might just need a simple filling now could end up needing a more complicated—and more expensive—root canal and crown down the road.
Call Your Allentown Top Dentist
Call your Allentown dentist and schedule your appointment before the end of the year to take full advantage of your dental insurance!