Most of us hope that we will be able to keep our teeth for a lifetime. So losing a tooth or being told you need to have one removed can be devastating news. You may feel sad or worry about the inconvenience and the impact a gap in your smile will have on your appearance.
There are plenty of ways to prevent tooth loss from happening, but if it occurs, don’t’ spend too much time feeling bad about the situation. While the best teeth are your natural teeth, your dentists have more ways than ever to replace missing teeth in Allentown, PA.
5 Options to Replace Missing Teeth In Emmaus, PA
Take a look at all your options to replace missing teeth:
- Dental implants – There are no teeth like the teeth you were born with, but dental implants are the next best thing. They are artificial tooth roots that your dentist places in your jaw to replace a single missing tooth or several missing teeth.
- Dental bridges – A dental bridge is designed to replace one or several missing teeth in one area, and is held in place by dental crowns placed on the teeth adjacent to the gap in your smile.
- Removable partial dentures – A partial denture is an economical solution to replace a missing tooth or several missing teeth in different areas of your mouth and is attached with clasps to remaining teeth for support
- Removable full dentures – If you need to replace all your upper teeth, lower teeth, or both, a full removable denture uses artificial teeth placed in a resin base to complete your smile.
- Implant dentures – Dental implants help dentists combine the best of both worlds; up to four implants placed at strategic points along your jaw hold your upper and lower dentures securely in place to prevent movement and irritation.
That’s a lot of choices, and your dentist in Allentown, PA can help you determine which tooth replacement is right for you. Your current oral health, lifestyle, preferences, and budget all help your dentist recommend the solution that most closely matches your needs.
Schedule an Appointment to Learn More
Ready to say goodbye to that gap in your smile? Call Evolve Dental Care at (610) 797-8245 to schedule an appointment so we can answer your questions and help you love your smile again.