Dental crowns are a type of restoration that fully encloses a tooth to protect and strengthen it. There are many instances where we may choose a dental crown:
- Protect and strengthen a tooth after a root canal procedure
- Support a fixed dental bridge
- Restore a tooth after placement of a dental implant
- Conceal a large, discolored metal filling
- Provide a new shape for a tooth that is poorly sized or proportioned
- Cover cosmetic imperfections like large chips and broken or discolored teeth
Placement of a dental crown at Evolve Dental Care is a straightforward process. First, we reshape the tooth, preparing it for placement of the new crown. Next, we take impressions of the tooth that will be sent to our lab and used to create your completely customized crown. While we wait for your final crown to be finished, we’ll fit you with a temporary to ensure that your tooth functions properly.
After about two to three weeks, we’ll have you return to our Allentown dental office where we’ll fit, place, and polish your new crown. Our dental crowns look completely natural, and no one will suspect that beautiful tooth is not all your own!
If you’d like to learn more about crowns and their uses, please give us a call.