Invisalign in Allentown, PA
Serving the Allentown, PA community
If you are an adult who wants to correct crooked or crowded teeth, it can be difficult to imagine yourself wearing a mouth full of metal for years. At Evolve Dental Care, we’re proud to offer Invisalign, a short-term orthodontic solution that’s easy to wear. Better yet, we can often help patients achieve desired results in as little as one year!
- How can I straighten my teeth without metal braces?
- How does Invisalign treatment work?
- What are the advantages of Invisalign?
- Does Invisalign work for gaps between front teeth?
- How often do I need to see the dentist during Invisalign treatment?
- Will I need to wear a retainer after Invisalign treatment?
- Why should I straighten my crooked teeth?
- Who should get Invisalign?
- Are there food restrictions with Invisalign?
- How much does Invisalign treatment cost?
- How can I schedule my Invisalign consultation?
How can I straighten my teeth without metal braces?
Most adults and older teens who want their teeth straightened don’t want to commit to treatment with metal braces. However, there are other choices like Invisalign clear aligners, a convenient treatment option designed for the lifestyle of busy adults.
There are numerous advantages to choosing Invisalign over metal braces:
- No metal brackets and wires to irritate sensitive tissues in the mouth
- No food restrictions – remove your aligners and eat what you want!
- No waiting years for results – Invisalign can straighten teeth in as little as 12 to 15 months.
- No metal to mar your appearance – clear plastic aligners are virtually unnoticeable
How does Invisalign treatment work?
Dr. Amir and Dr. Sunny start your treatment by taking images, impressions, and x-rays, and carefully analyzing the position of your teeth. They share these details with specialized software that creates a virtual 3-D model of your teeth and predicts how your teeth will move during treatment.
We send your treatment plan to an Invisalign lab that customizes several sets of clear plastic aligners according to our specifications. You wear each set for about two weeks, then move on to the next in the series and repeat the process until you have used all your aligners. Treatment times vary, but adults often see desired results in as little as 12 to 15 months.
What are the advantages of choosing Invisalign?
Invisalign treatment is popular because it offers many advantages over other traditional braces:
- Comfortable – The most common complaint associated with metal braces is that the brackets and wires irritate the mouth. Invisalign aligners, on the other hand, are made of clear, smooth plastic that won’t cause sores and irritation.
- Discreet –Invisalign aligners are made of crystal-clear plastic that conforms perfectly to the shape and contours of your teeth, which makes them virtually unnoticeable. Most people won’t even know you’re wearing them!
- Convenient – Traditional braces are attached to your teeth, which makes oral hygiene difficult and puts you at risk for decay and gum disease. With Invisalign, you can remove the aligners for meals and brush and floss. You’ll be able to practice proper oral hygiene and continue to enjoy all the foods you love.
- Shorter Treatment Times – Most adults who want straighter teeth don’t have serious alignment issues, and Invisalign is the perfect choice for them. Because of the way Invisalign moves teeth, treatment can often be completed faster than with traditional braces - typically 12 to 15 months.
Does Invisalign work for gaps between front teeth?
Invisalign is an excellent option for fixing gaps between the front teeth as well as:
- Crowded teeth
- Open bites
Invisalign invisible braces work with a series of clear aligners made to fit over your teeth. Every couple of weeks, you will get a new set of aligners to wear. Throughout treatment, the aligners work to nudge your teeth gradually into the desired position.
You can remove the aligners for eating, so there are no food restrictions. And since you can take them out for brushing and flossing, keeping up with good oral care is easy.
The aligners need to be worn for at least 22 hours per day, so you must commit to wearing them except for eating and oral hygiene if treatment is to be successful.
How often do I need to see the dentist during Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign treatment does not involve adjustments as traditional braces do. But we do need to see you periodically to check on you and make sure treatment is progressing as planned. The frequency of these visits depends on your unique needs, but in most cases, we will give you a two-month supply of aligners that you change yourself every two weeks.
Will I need to wear a retainer after Invisalign treatment?
If you want to protect your investment and maintain the results you worked so hard to achieve, you must wear your retainer after treatment. In all likelihood, Dr. Amir will instruct you to wear your retainer every day for a few hours or more depending on your individual needs.
Your teeth have the potential to move throughout your life, and if you don’t wear your retainer, they will start to drift back into their original, crooked position. If you came to us for treatment because you didn’t wear your retainer as a child and your teeth have relapsed, you already know how critical the retainer phase is!
Instead of looking at a retainer as an inconvenience, look at it as the second phase of your Invisalign treatment; getting your teeth straight was the first step, and wearing your retainer is the second.
Why should I have my crooked teeth straightened?
If you have crooked teeth, you are probably most concerned with the way they impact your appearance. Of course, we want to help you look great and feel confident about your smile, but straightening crooked teeth has other benefits as well.
- When your teeth are correctly aligned, your gums fit more securely around the teeth, which helps guard against periodontal disease.
- Crooked teeth are difficult to floss correctly, which puts you at higher risk for decay and gum disease.
- Misaligned teeth often place excessive force on surrounding teeth and lead to dental erosion and breakdown of dental enamel.
Who should get Invisalign?
Invisalign treatment is suitable for people who have strong, healthy teeth and who do not have any dental bridges. You are a good candidate for Invisalign:
- If you want to correct moderate orthodontic problems such as overcrowded and overlapping teeth, and close up or minimize unsightly spaces in between teeth.
- If you wore braces as a child but have since had an orthodontic relapse where your teeth have drifted out of place, Invisalign is the perfect solution.
- If you want to correct cosmetically oriented problems that affect only the front teeth.
- If you are committed to excellent oral hygiene and maintaining your scheduled appointments at our Allentown dental office.
- If you are willing to be compliant with your dentist's instructions and wear your aligners for at least 22 hours daily, removing them only for oral hygiene and meals.
- If you can commit to wearing your retainer after treatment to prevent relapse and the need for retreatment.
Are there food restrictions with Invisalign?
No! Since Invisalign aligners are removable, you can continue to enjoy all the foods you love with no restrictions. Just be sure to brush your teeth after eating so that food doesn’t get trapped under your aligners and put you at risk for decay and gum disease.
How much does Invisalign treatment cost?
Several factors determine how much Invisalign costs including the extent of orthodontic treatment we need to accomplish. Everyone who comes to us has unique problems they want to address, and the details of your case affect the length of treatment which in turn impacts the cost. That said, you may be surprised to find that, in many cases, the cost of treatment is comparable to traditional orthodontics.
It’s also important to consider your orthodontic insurance benefits. Many dental plans offer benefits coverage that is similar to that of other types of orthodontic treatment. On average, about 25 percent of patients receive some insurance compensation for Invisalign treatment.
The easiest way to determine the cost of Invisalign treatment in Allentown, PA is to contact our office to arrange a consultation. Our doctors will evaluate your needs, and we can work with your insurance carrier to give you a good idea of what your out-of-pocket expense will be.
How can I schedule my Invisalign consultation?
Dr. Amir and Dr. Sunny would be happy to sit down with you to explain how Invisalign treatment in Allentown, PA works, the benefits it provides, and whether or not it is the best treatment to help you achieve your goals. Please call Evolve Dentistry at (610) 797-8245.